Call: Call for proposals for the co-financing of citizens’ engagement actions under the multi-annual work programme for grants in the area of communication 2020-2021
|Acronym||DG CONNECT- digital single market|
|Type of Fund||Others|
|Description of programme
"Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology"
DG CONNECT is the Commission department responsible to develop a digital single market to generate smart, sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe and carries out the Commission's policies on:
|Link||Link to Programme|
Call for proposals for the co-financing of citizens’ engagement actions under the multi-annual work programme for grants in the area of communication 2020-2021
|Description of call |
"Call for proposals for the co-financing of citizens’ engagement actions under the multi-annual work programme for grants in the area of communication 2020-2021"
|The expected results of the actions
are to raise awareness about the role and democratic values of the European Parliament as the voice of EU citizens and to
engage more deeply with them, notably via the community “together.eu”. |
Such actions should primarily target those EU citizens who have turned more demanding towards the European Union, specifically since the outbreak of the Covid19-pandemic, as well as citizens who show some interest in EU affairs. Special attention should be paid to reaching out to minority communities and citizens who are less likely to already be involved in EU action in some way.
The activities supported include but are not limited to:
- Organisation of a local European Youth Event, ensuring consistency with past European Youth Events, including a participants’ registration system, a participants’ feedback system, logistics and security, etc.
- Development of a programme in a spirit of co-design and co-creation with young people, for example through partnerships with a number of youth organisations;
- Inviting speakers who can debate with young people on various issues from both local and European perspectives, such as policy experts, MEPs, etc.
- Communication strategy outlining how it is foreseen to maximise the visibility of the event via a mix of media, including on dedicated online channels before and after the event, e.g. through social media and specific tools such as videos;
- Promotional and welcome kit based on the EYE visual identity adapted to the local context.
|Link||Link to Call|
|Thematic Focus||Community Integration, European Citizenship, Shared Services, Clustering, Development Cooperation, Economic Cooperation, Art & Culture, Cultural Heritage, History, Media|
|Funding area|| EU Member States
|Origin of Applicant|| EU Member States |
|Eligible applicants||NGO / NPO, Public Services, Lobby Group / Professional Association / Trade Union, International Organization, Education and Training Centres, Federal State / Region / City / Municipality / Local Authority, Research Institution, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, SMEs (between 10 and 249 employees), Microenterprises (fewer than 10 employees), Start Up Company, Enterprise (more than 250 employees or not defined)|
|Applicant details|| This call for proposals is open to all organisations complying with the criteria described in the following
- “Pan-European organisation” means an organisation operating in most or all EU Member States; - “European dimension” of an action/activity means that an action/activity covers more than one Member State;
- "Volunteer" means a person working on a non-compulsory basis for an organisation without payment;
- “Community “together.eu”” means a pan-European community of individuals launched at the initiative of the European Parliament to maintain an ongoing dialogue between the EP and the EU citizens, to foster European identity and democratic engagement, to build a peer-to-peer communication channel and to provide information to citizens. Any interested individual may become part of this community by registering at together.eu and adhering to the code of conduct.
|Type of Funding||Grants|
|Financial details|| Total budget: 3,3 million €
Co-financing rate: max. 80%
|Submission||Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Register now and benefit from additional services - it is free of cost!