|Acronym || CEF |
of Fund || Action programme |
|Description of programme
"Connecting Europe Facility"
| The CEF shall enable projects of common interest to be prepared and implemented within the framework of the transeuropean
networks policy in the sectors of transport, telecommunications and energy. In particular, the CEF shall support the implementation
of those projects of common interest which aim at the development and construction of new infrastructures and services, or
at the upgrading of existing infrastructures and services, in the three sectors. |
|Description of programme |
In the transport sector, the CEF shall support projects of common interest, that pursue the objectives
set out below:
- removing bottlenecks, enhancing rail interoperability, bridging missing links and, in particular,
improving crossborder sections.
- ensuring sustainable and efficient transport systems in the long run, with a view
to preparing for expected future transport flows, as well as enabling all modes of transport to be decarbonised through transition
to innovative low carbon and energy-efficient transport technologies, while optimising safety.
- optimising the integration
and interconnection of transport modes and enhancing the interoperability of transport services, while ensuring the accessibility
of transport infrastructures.
CEF Transport 2016 MAP Cohesion
"CEF Transport 2016 MAP Cohesion"
|This call for proposals addresses the following objectives of the CEF Regulation: |
Objective 1: bridging missing links, removing bottlenecks, enhancing rail interoperability, and, in particular, improving
- Funding Objective 2: ensuring sustainable and efficient transport systems in the long run,
with a view to preparing for expected future transport flows, as well as enabling all modes of transport to be decarbonised
through transition to innovative low-carbon and energy-efficient transport technologies, while optimising safety; and
Objective 3: optimising the integration and interconnection of transport modes and enhancing the interoperability of transport
services, while ensuring the accessibility of transport infrastructures.
|Thematic Focus || Traffic, Transport, Technologies, Innovation, Sustainability
|Funding area || EU Member States |
Origin of Applicant || EU Member States |
|Eligible applicants || National
Government, Federal State / Region / City / Municipality / Local Authority, International Organization, NGO / NPO, Public
Services, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, SMEs (between 10 and 249 employees), Microenterprises (fewer than 10 employees),
Enterprise (more than 250 employees or not defined), University, Research Institution |
details || Pursuant to Article 9 of the CEF Regulation, only those proposals submitted by one of the following types
of applicants are eligible: |
- One or more Member States;
- With the agreement of the Member State(s) concerned,
international organisations, joint undertakings, or public or private undertakings or bodies established in an EU Member State.
|Recurring Call || Yes |
|Type of Funding
|| Grant |
|Financial details || Funding Objective 1: 600 million
Funding Objective 2: 69.5 million
- 400 million € for Pre-identified projects on Core Network Corridors (railways, inland waterways, roads, maritime
and inland ports);
- 100 million € for Pre-identified projects on other sections of the Core Network (railways, inland
waterways, roads, maritime and inland ports);
- 20 million € for Rail interoperability;
- 80 million
€ for European Rail Traffic Management Systems (ERTMS);
Funding Objective 3: 180 million €
- 59.5 million € for Deployment of new technologies and innovation in all transport modes, with a focus on decarbonisation,
safety and innovative technologies for the promotion of sustainability, operation, management, accessibility, multimodality
and efficiency of the network;
- 10 million € for Safe and secure infrastructure, including safe and secure parking
on the road core network;
- 100 million € for Single
European Sky – SESAR;
- 20 million € for Intelligent Transport Services for road (ITS);
- 20 million € for
Motorways of the Sea (MoS);
- 20 million € for Actions implementing transport infrastructure in nodes of the Core
Network, including urban nodes; and
- 20 million € for Connections to and development of multimodal logistics
|Contact Details || Directorat C of INEA (Innovation and Networks Executive Agency) |
Beneficiaries info point.
Register now and benefit from additional services - it is
free of cost!