|Acronym || EIDHR |
|Type of Fund
|| Action programme |
|Description of programme |
"European Instrument for Democracy
and Human Rights"
The European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) aims at providing support for
the promotion of democracy and human rights in non-EU countries. The key objectives of the EIDHR are:
respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms in countries and regions where they are most at risk
the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group
interests and in consolidating political participation and representation
- Supporting actions in areas covered by EU
Guidelines: dialogue on Human rights, human rights defenders, the death penalty, torture, children and armed conflicts and
violence against women
- Supporting and strengthening the international and regional framework for the protection of
human rights, justice, the rule of law and the promotion of democracy
- Building confidence in and enhancing the reliability
and transparency of democratic electoral processes, in particular through monitoring electoral processes
action programs define objectives, fields of action, expected results, methods and the amount of financing planned. In unforeseen,
exceptional or particularly urgent cases exceptional measures may be taken.
|| Link to Programme |
Country-Based Support Schemes (CBSS) - Uzbekistan
of call |
"Country-Based Support Schemes (CBSS) - Uzbekistan"
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals
- To support thematically focused civil society actions in the area of human rights and democracy contributing
to the implementation of the recommendations of the Human Rights Council and the international UN Treaty Bodies put forward
during the 2013 Universal Periodic Review, as well as the advancement of human rights in thematic areas where the EU has a
specifc thematic commitment, such as:
- Prevention of torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment;
- Protection and promotion of rights of vulnerable groups (e.g. children, women, persons with disabilities, elderly
people) and fight against discrimination in all its forms;
- Strengthening of independence of judiciary and rule of
- Protection and promotion of economic, social and cultural right;
- Protection and promotion of human
rights in other thematic areas
- To support actions for the development and strengthening of civil society
via CSOs, civil society representatives' and human rights defenders' capacity building, support of their activities,
networking and cooperation.
|Link || Link to Call |
|Thematic Focus || Development Cooperation, Equal
Rights, Justice, Capacity Building, People with Disabilities, Human Rights, Security |
area || Others |
|Origin of Applicant || EU Member States |
|Eligible applicants || , International Organization, NGO / NPO |
|Project Partner Details || |
The applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s).
|Recurring Call || No |
|Project duration min
|| 12 months |
|Project duration max || 36 months |
details || |
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum
- Minimum amount: 60,000 €
- Maximum amount: 390,000 €
grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum
percentages of total
eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: 50% of the total eligible costs of the action.
percentage: 95% of the total eligible costs of the action.
The balance (i.e. the difference between
the total cost of the action and the amount requested from the Contracting Authority) must be financed from sources other
than the European Union Budget or the European Development Fund.
now and benefit from additional services - it is free of cost!