Call: Enhancing quality jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships in the tourism sector across Europe
|Type of Fund||Action programme|
|Description of programme |
COSME is the EU programme
for the Competitiveness of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
|Link||Link to Programme|
Enhancing quality jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships in the tourism sector across Europe
|Description of call |
"Enhancing quality jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships in the tourism sector across Europe"
|The overall objective of this call is to facilitate
the uptake of high quality jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships positions in the tourism sector across the EU, with a particular
focus on SMEs. |
Specific objectives of the call are to:
1) Promote through education providers the image of careers in the Tourism sector.
2) Enable and encourage jobseekers and tourism businesses, particularly SMEs to use existing tools and funding opportunities in order to find and offer apprenticeships and jobs in other EU countries, (e. g. EURES, Your First Eures Job, Drop' Pin, European Alliances for Apprenticeships, Erasmus+).
3) Promote such tools and funding opportunities, also through education providers.
4) Promote the importance of acquiring quality and relevant skills, particularly through transnational experiences, and encourage mobility across the EU, taking advantage of low season periods.
5) Facilitate exchanges of good practices, the development of networks and discussion platforms between education providers and the private sector to boost employability in the tourism sector
6) Support transnational cooperation and public-private partnerships to adapt the existing education provision so that it better meets the emerging needs of employers and reflects new trends and developments in the tourism sector (e.g; digitalization, ageing of the population, new types of customers).
Applicants are required to propose a model with the aim to boost employability of young Europeans in the tourism sector. This model will focus on cross-border apprenticeships, traineeships and upgrading of skills. It should have a strong practical approach, such as analysis of experiences, participation of testimonials, guidance. Involvement of different operators in the tourism supply chain will be evaluated more favourably.
|Link||Link to Call|
|Thematic Focus||Employment, Education, Tourism, Competitiveness|
|Funding area|| EU Member States |
|Origin of Applicant|| EU Member States |
Albania / Shqipëria
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia / поранешна југословенска Република Македонија
Iceland / Ísland
Montenegro / Crna Gora/Црна Гора
Serbia / Сpбија
Turkey / Türkiye
Ukraine / Україна Oukraïna
|Eligible applicants||Education and Training Centres, Federal State / Region / City / Municipality / Local Authority, Research Institution, NGO / NPO, Association, Lobby Group / Professional Association / Trade Union, Public Services, University, Other, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, SMEs (between 10 and 249 employees), Microenterprises (fewer than 10 employees)|
|Applicant details||Public or private employment services at European or national level; Travel, Hospitality and Tourism industry associations; European, national, regional tourism associations; tourism education providers, authorities and agencies; trade unions; governmental and non-governmental organisations developing tourism policies; youth associations.|
|Project Partner Details|| The consortium (i.e. the coordinator plus its partners) must be composed of a minimum of three (3)
different legal entities located in at least three (3) Member States. |
The consortium must include at least: One (1) training provider active in the field of tourism education (university, school, vocational training providers) and one (1) umbrella organisation representing at European level national industry associations/federations in the tourism sector.
|Project duration max||18 months|
|Type of Funding||Grant|
|Financial details|| Maximum budget allocated for EU financing under this call: 500 000 € |
Indicative number of grants: 1.
Maximum EU financing rate of eligible costs: 75 %
Proposals with an EU co-financing beyond any of the above two maxima will not be eligible.
|Submission||Only electronic submissions are allowed for this call|
Register now and benefit from additional services - it is free of cost!