Programme: Connecting Europe Facility
Connecting Europe Facility
|Type of Fund||Action programme|
|Description of programme
"Connecting Europe Facility"
|The CEF shall enable projects of common interest to be prepared and implemented within the framework of the transeuropean networks policy in the sectors of transport, telecommunications and energy. In particular, the CEF shall support the implementation of those projects of common interest which aim at the development and construction of new infrastructures and services, or at the upgrading of existing infrastructures and services, in the three sectors.|
|Link||Link to Programme|
|Thematic Focus||Building, Energy, Industry, Regional development, Transport, Telecommunication, Traffic, Technologies|
Danube Region, Adriatic and Ionian Region, Alpine Region, Baltic Sea Region
|Funding area|| EU Member States |
Iceland / Ísland
Norway / Norge
|Origin of Applicant|| EU Member States |
Iceland / Ísland
Norway / Norge
|Eligible applicants||Public Services, Federal State / Region / City / Municipality / Local Authority, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, SMEs (between 10 and 249 employees), Microenterprises (fewer than 10 employees), Start Up Company, Enterprise (more than 250 employees or not defined), International Organization|
|Applicant details|| Proposals
shall be submitted by: |
|Type of Funding||Guarantee, Loan, Grant|
|Contact Details|| |
Subprogrammes of Connecting Europe Facility
CEF - Telecom
In the telecommunications sector, the CEF shall support actions that pursue the objectives specified in a Regulation on guidelines for trans-European networks in the area of telecommunications infrastructure.
CEF - Transport
In the transport sector, the CEF shall support projects of common interest, that pursue the objectives set out below:
- removing bottlenecks, enhancing rail interoperability, bridging missing links and, in particular, improving crossborder sections.
- ensuring sustainable and efficient transport systems in the long run, with a view to preparing for expected future transport flows, as well as enabling all modes of transport to be decarbonised through transition to innovative low carbon and energy-efficient transport technologies, while optimising safety.
- optimising the integration and interconnection of transport modes and enhancing the interoperability of transport services, while ensuring the accessibility of transport infrastructures.
CEF - Energy
In the energy sector, the CEF shall support projects of common interest that pursue one or more of the following objectives:
- increasing competitiveness by promoting the further integration of the internal energy market and the interoperability of electricity and gas networks across borders.
- enhancing the Union's security of energy supply.
- contributing to sustainable development and protection of the environment, inter alia by the integration of energy from renewable sources into the transmission network, and by the development of smart energy networks and carbon dioxide networks.