Programme: Rights, Equality and Citizenship
Rights, Equality and Citizenship
|Type of Fund||Action programme|
|Description of programme |
"Rights, Equality and Citizenship"
The general objective of the Programme shall be to contribute, in accordance with Article 4 of the Treaty on the EU (TEU), to the further development of an area where equality and the rights of persons as enshrined in the TEU, in the Treaty of the Functioning of the EU (TFEU), in the Charter of fundamental rights of the EU and in the international human rights conventions to which the Union has acceded, are promoted, protected and effectively implemented. The Programme follows 9 Specific objectives:
|Link||Link to Programme|
|Thematic Focus||Education, European Citizenship, Equal Rights, Justice, Capacity Building, Youth, Human Rights, Security, Social affairs|
Danube Region, Danube Region, Adriatic and Ionian Region, Adriatic and Ionian Region, Alpine Region, Alpine Region, Baltic Sea Region, Baltic Sea Region
|Funding area|| EU Member States |
Iceland / Ísland
|Origin of Applicant|| EU Member States
Iceland / Ísland
|Eligible applicants||International Organization, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, SMEs (between 10 and 249 employees), Microenterprises (fewer than 10 employees), NGO / NPO, Enterprise (more than 250 employees or not defined), Public Services|
|Applicant details|| |
Bodies and entities which are profit-oriented shall have access to the Programme only in conjunction with non-profit or public organisations.
The Commission may cooperate with international organisations under the conditions laid down in the relevant annual work programme. Access to the Programme shall be open to international organisations active in the areas covered by the Programme in accordance with the Financial Regulation and the relevant annual work programme.
|Type of Funding||Grant|
|Contact Details|| |
- Capacity building in the area of rights of the child and child-friendly justice
- Closing gender gaps over the life cycle - work-life balance for women and men - a better sharing of care
- Improve the awareness on EU citizenship rights and inclusion of mobile EU citizens and to support coordination among national authorities competent in electoral matters
- Prevent and combat all forms of violence against children, young people and women
- Promote the effective implementation of the principle of non-discrimination
- Restricted call for proposals to national Data Protection Authorities on reaching out to stakeholders on the new data protection legislation
- Restricted call for proposals to support National Roma platforms
Subprogrammes of Rights, Equality and Citizenship
The Fundamental Rights and Citizenship programme aims to promote the development of a European society based on respect for fundamental rights and rights derived from citizenship of the European Union.
The focus of the Fundamental Rights and Citizenship programme is:
- the protection of the rights of the child;
- combating racism, xenophobia and anti-Semitism;
- the fight against homophobia;
- active participation in the democratic life of the Union;
- data protection and privacy rights;
- training and networking between legal professions and legal practitioners.
The Daphne III programme aims to contribute to the protection of children, young people and women against all forms of violence and attain a high level of health protection, well-being and social cohesion. Its specific objective is to contribute to the prevention of, and the fight against all forms of violence occurring in the public or the private domain, including sexual exploitation and trafficking of human beings. Lastly, it also aims to take preventive measures and provide support and protection for victims and groups at risk.