Filter Search for grants
Call key data
Erasmus Charter for Higher Education - 5th cut-off date
Link to the call
Link to the submission
This Call aims at accrediting recognised Higher Education Institutions located in eligible countries, which have operational capacity to take part in Erasmus+ Programme’s activities, such as learning mobility of individuals and/or cooperation for innovation and good practices.
The Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) is an EU quality certificate for higher education institutions (HEIs). It is a prerequisite for all HEIs from Erasmus+ Programme countries and Western Balkans third countries not associated to the Programme to apply for funding under Erasmus+ calls (including calls managed by Erasmus+ National Agencies).
By applying for the ECHE, the HEI confirms that its participation in Erasmus+ is part of its strategy for modernisation and internationalisation. This strategy acknowledges the key contribution of student and staff mobility and of participation in transnational cooperation projects, to the quality of its higher education programmes and student experience. The ECHE aims to reinforce the quality of student and staff mobility, as well as of cooperation projects.
The certification procedure consists in validating the status as a ‘higher education institution (HEI)’ and certifying compliance with the ECHE quality standards (Erasmus Policy Statement, quality of organisation and management structures and the implementation of ECHE principles).
The ECHE will be valid for the entire duration of the Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027 (and up until the end of projects funded under that Programme). The award of the ECHE does not automatically imply any direct funding under the Erasmus+ Programme.
ECHE holders will be subject to regular monitoring by the National Agencies.
Regions / countries for funding
Albania (Shqipëria), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosna i Hercegovina / Босна и Херцеговина), Island (Ísland), Kosovo (Kosova/Kosovë / Косово), Liechtenstein, North Macedonia (Северна Македонија), Norway (Norge), Serbia (Srbija/Сpбија), Türkiye
Education and training institution, Research Institution incl. University
In order to be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a higher education institution (HEI) (public or private) and
- be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e. Erasmus+ Programme Countries:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs)) and
- non-EU countries:
- listed EEA (European Economic Area) countries and countries associated to the Erasmus+ Programme (associated countries) or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature
- Western Balkans third countries not associated to the Erasmus+ Programme: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo (This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence) and Montenegro.
UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDGs)
Proposals must be complete and contain all the requested information and all required annexes and supporting documents:
- Application Form Part A — contains administrative information about the participant (to be filled in directly online)
- Application Form Part B — contains the technical description of the project (EPS, HEI profile and organisation and management structure, implementation of the ECHE principles) (to be downloaded from the Portal Submission System, completed and then assembled and re-uploaded).
Applications are limited to maximum 25 pages (Part B).