Filter Search for grants
Call key data
Films on the Move - 2nd cut-off date
Creative Europe - Media Strand
Link to the call
Link to the submission
The Films on the Move action shall encourage and support the wider distribution of recent non-national European films by encouraging sales agents and theatrical distributors in particular to invest in promotion and adequate distribution of non- national European films.
The MEDIA Strand shall provide support for the following measures:
- Support to international sales and circulation of non-national European works on all platforms (e.g. cinema theatres, online) targeting both small and largesized productions, including through coordinated distribution strategies covering several countries and encouraging the use of subtitling, dubbing and where applicable, audio description tools.
Expected effects and impacts
The activities to be funded are campaigns for the pan-European theatrical and/or online distribution of eligible European films, coordinated by the sales agent of the film.
Applications should present adequate strategies to ensure more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
- Development of pan-European theatrical and/or online distribution strategies for non-national European films.
- Increased investment in theatrical and/or online promotion and distribution of non-national European films in view of expanding audience reach.
- Develop links between the production and distribution sector thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films on a global market
Regions / countries for funding
Moldova (Moldova), Albania (Shqipëria), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosna i Hercegovina / Босна и Херцеговина), Island (Ísland), Kosovo (Kosova/Kosovë / Косово), Liechtenstein, Montenegro (Црна Гора), North Macedonia (Северна Македонија), Norway (Norge), Serbia (Srbija/Сpбија), Tunisia (تونس /Tūnis), Ukraine (Україна)
Education and training institution, International organization, Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) / Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Other, Private institution, incl. private company (private for profit), Public Body (national, regional and local; incl. EGTCs), Small and medium-sized enterprise (SME)
Only applications by single applicants are allowed (single beneficiaries).
other eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible, the entities must be:
- be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in one of the eligible countries (i.e.:Creative Europe Participating Countries, EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories) or non-EU countries (listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative EuropeProgramme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature - list of participating countries)
- must have had a legal existence for at least 2 years on the date of the deadline for submission of applications.
Natural persons are NOT eligible (with the exception of self-employed persons, i.e. sole traders, where the company does not have legal personality separate from that of the natural person.
Entities which do not have legal personality under their national law may exceptionally participate, provided that their representatives have the capacity to undertake legal obligations on their behalf, and offerguarantees for the protection of the EU financial interests equivalent to that offered by legal persons.
EU bodies — EU bodies (with the exception of the European Commission Joint Research Centre) can NOT be part of the consortium.
Associations and interest groupings — Entities composed of members may participate as ‘sole beneficiaries’ or ‘beneficiaries without legal personality’. Please note that if the action will be implemented by the members, they should also participate (either as beneficiaries or as affiliated entities, otherwise their costs will NOT be eligible).
Relevance for EU Macro-Region
EUSAIR - EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region, EUSALP - EU Strategy for the Alpine Space, EUSBSR - EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, EUSDR - EU Strategy for the Danube Region
UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDGs)
between 12 and 24 months
Proposal page limits and layout:
- Part A to be filled in directly online (administrative information, summarised budget, call-specific questions, etc.)
- Part B to be downloaded from the Portal submission system, completed and re-uploaded as a PDF in the system
- Part C to be filled in directly online (containg additional project data)
mandatory annexes and supporting documents:
- International film sales agreement
- PDF with information about films/works generated from the Creative Europe MEDIA Database
- Letters of intent of distributors having acquired the theatrical rights from the sales agent detailing P&A costs.
- Information on independence and ownership and control
Page limit - part B: 70 pages