Filter Search for grants
Call key data
Civil Society Organisations
Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA III)
Estimated EU contribution per project
between € 490,000.00 and € 3,000,000.00
Link to the call
Link to the submission
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen CSOs as independent actors of good governance and development in their own right. The action aims to contribute to an inclusive, participatory, empowered, and independent civil society and democratic space in partner countries; and an inclusive and open dialogue with and between Civil Society Organisations.
Lot 1: Strengthening capacities of local CSOs’ to engage in policy dialogue at national level and in dialogue, implementation and monitoring of EU and national development plans and programmes, uphold and promote an enabling environment in the Republic of Moldova
Lot 2: Strengthening capacities of local CSOs to engage in gender equality and youth inclusion and strengthened capacity of local women's and youth partner CSOs
Lot 3: Strengthening capacities of local CSOs to engage in home affairs, security and migration in view to enhance dialogue between civil society and national authorities as well as between national authorities and citizens.
The priorities of this call for proposals are support to civil society organisations, Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) reform agenda, and gender equality.
All actions should be gender sensitive and rights-based. The actions should address crosscutting issues related to gender-equality, environmental practices, inclusion of people with disabilities and minority groups.
Regions / countries for funding
EU Body, Education and training institution, International organization, Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) / Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Other, Private institution, incl. private company (private for profit), Public Body (national, regional and local; incl. EGTCs), Research Institution incl. University, Small and medium-sized enterprise (SME)
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as:
- non-governmental organisation, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 156 of the EU Financial Regulation
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Republic of Moldova or any other eligible countries as stipulated in the basic act NDICI-GE. This obligation does not apply to international organisations
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
Co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant himself.
The lead applicant and its co-applicants may act with affiliated entity(ies).
other eligibility criteria
Actions must take place in the Republic of Moldova, including in the Transnistrian region.
Relevance for EU Macro-Region
EUSDR - EU Strategy for the Danube Region
UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDGs)
between 28 and 42 months
The maximum grant amount depends on the Lot under which a proposal is submitted:
Lot 1: minimum amount: EUR 2,900,000; maximum amount: EUR 3,000,000
Lot 2: minimum amount: EUR 1,900,000; maximum amount: EUR 2,000,000, subject to the adoption of the general budget of the European Union for 2024
Lot 3: minimum amount: EUR 490,000; maximum amount: EUR 500,000
To apply for this call for proposals the lead applicants need to:
- Provide information about the organisations involved in the action. To this end, lead applicants, co-applicants and affiliated entities must register in PADOR. Please note that the registration of this data in PADOR is obligatory for this call for proposals.
- The concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2) must be submitted online via PROSPECT following the instructions given in the PROSPECT user manual.
- Applications must be submitted in accordance with the concept note instructions in the grant application form.
- Applicants must apply in English.
- Only the concept note form will be evaluated. It is therefore of utmost importance that this document contains ALL relevant information concerning the action. No additional annexes should be sent.