Filter Search for grants
Call key data
European VOD Networks and Operators
Creative Europe - Media Strand
Link to the call
Link to the submission
The objective is to support European Video on Demand (VOD) networks and operators, screening a significant proportion of non-national European works, with the aim to improve their competitiveness and attractiveness.
- Strengthen the cross-border collaboration among European Video On Demand (VOD) platforms through joint/collaborative activities to increase the online audience of European audiovisual content;
- Strengthen attractiveness of eligible European Video On Demand (VOD) platforms for cross-border audiences and online consumption at a larger scale;
- Improve the digital circulation and consumption of European content by boosting its visibility, discoverability and prominence;
- Develop new business models and achieve cross-border economies of scope and scale.
Description of the activities to be funded under the call for proposals:
Joint/collaborative actions across borders with the aim to improve the competitiveness and attractiveness of European VOD platforms offering a significant proportion of non-national European audiovisual works as well as to increase the accessibility, visibility, discoverability and prominence of European content for a wider global audience (European and international).
Applications should present adequate strategies to ensure more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
Regions / countries for funding
Albania (Shqipëria), Armenia (Հայաստան), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosna i Hercegovina / Босна и Херцеговина), Georgia (საქართველო), Island (Ísland), Kosovo (Kosova/Kosovë / Косово), Liechtenstein, Montenegro (Црна Гора), North Macedonia (Северна Македонија), Norway (Norge), Serbia (Srbija/Сpбија), Tunisia (تونس /Tūnis), Türkiye, Ukraine (Україна)
Education and training institution, International organization, Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) / Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Other, Private institution, incl. private company (private for profit), Public Body (national, regional and local; incl. EGTCs), Research Institution incl. University, Small and medium-sized enterprise (SME)
Proposals must be submitted by a consortium of at least two VOD services as applicants (beneficiaries; not affiliated entities) coming from at least two countries participating in the MEDIA strand or by a VOD platform offering its services in at least two countries within MEDIA Strand countries.
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
- be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in one of the eligible countries i.e.:
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories)
- non-EU countries (listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative EuropeProgramme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature - list of participating countries)
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
- be established in one of the countries participating fully in the MEDIA Strand of the Creative Europe Programme and owned directly or indirectly, wholly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries. When a company is publicly listed, the location of the stock exchange will in principle determine its nationality
- the action is open to European VOD services. A VOD platform is an on-demand audiovisual media service provided for the viewing of programmes at the moment chosen by the user and at its individual request, on the basis of a catalogue of programmes selected by the media service provider3, with a clear brand identity and on which the applicant(s) have the editorial responsibility. A VOD platform offered by broadcasters or internet service providers is eligible.
Natural persons are NOT eligible (with the exception of self-employed persons, i.e. sole traders, where the company does not have legal personality separate from that of the natural person.
International organisations — International organisations are eligible. The rules on eligible countries do not apply to them.
EU bodies — EU bodies (with the exception of the European Commission Joint Research Centre) can NOT be part of the consortium.
other eligibility criteria
Please consult pages 9-10 of the call document for more details on the eligible activities.
Relevance for EU Macro-Region
EUSAIR - EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region, EUSALP - EU Strategy for the Alpine Space, EUSBSR - EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, EUSDR - EU Strategy for the Danube Region
UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDGs)
max. 24 months
All proposals must be submitted electronically via the Funders & Tenders Portal electronic submission system (accessible via the topic page in the Search Funding & Tenders section). Paper submissions are NOT possible.
Proposals must be complete and contain all parts and mandatory annexes and supporting documents:
- Part A (to be filled in directly online) contains administrative information about the participants (future coordinator and beneficiaries and affiliated entities), the summarised budget for the proposal
- Part B (to be downloaded from the Portal submission system, completed and then assembled and re-uploaded as a PDF in the system) contains the technical description of the project.
- mandatory annexes and supporting documents (templates available to be downloaded from the Portal Submission System, completed, assembled and re-uploaded):
- list of previous projects (key projects for the last 4 years) (template available in Part B)
- Info on subscription, revenue and catalogue (mandatory template available in the Submission System)
- Information on independence and ownership control (mandatory template available in the Submission System).
Proposals are limited to maximum 70 pages (Part B). Evaluators will not consider any additional pages.