The programme proposes the following (non exhaustive) types of measures:
P1: A smarter South Adriatic programme area, by promoting innovative and smart economic transformation
- SO 1.1: Enhancing sustainable growth and competitiveness of SMEs and job creation in SMEs, including by productive investments
- Actions shall aim at improving the framework conditions for growth and competitiveness of SMEs, incl. micro SMEs. This includes growth of touristic MSMEs, especially targeting green / sustainable forms of tourism, of cultural & creative MSMEs, e.g. through joint artistic productions, of MSMEs in the health-care and long-term care sectors, especially through e-health services, of MSMEs in the blue and in the circular economy (i.e. enhancing the growth of circular economy SMEs e.g. through pilot actions / plans focused on the reduction / valorisation of waste / residual bio resources), agri-food, etc.
P2: A greener South Adriatic programme area, by promoting clean and fair energy transition, green and blue investment, the circular economy, climate adaptation and risk management
- SO 2.1: Promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and disaster resilience with joint cross-border actions
- Actions shall aim at promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and disaster resilience. Both natural risks (floods, landslide, earthquakes, wildfires, coastal erosion, human/animal/vegetal pandemics, etc.), and man-made risks (oil spills, maritime disasters, etc.) may be focused by the actions. This includes risk management measures targeting specific groups such as touristic, cultural industries etc., or aiming at a mitigation of risks at border-crossings, or supporting the adoption of EU rules on risk management, or enhancing digitalisation in risk management.
- SO 2.2 Enhancing biodiversity, green infrastructure in the urban environment, and reducing pollution with joint crossborder action
- Actions shall aim at enhancing biodiversity, green infrastructure in the urban environment, and reducing pollution, including water, soil and air pollution (such as PM emissions). This includes actions to effectively manage the natural / cultural heritage for green tourism or water resources and landscapes, including actions for adopting ICZM & MSP. Still within the final goal of protecting natural habitats and reducing pollution, and only functionally to this final goal, actions also related to circular economy or an effective water management & monitoring, incl. waste and sewage, may be carried out.
- SO 2.3 Promoting energy efficiency with joint crossborder actions
- Actions shall contribute to promoting energy efficiency. This includes awareness-raising on CO2 emissions such as through solutions to decarbonize maritime mobility (e.g. fishing fleets) e.g. though innovative /sustainable electricity supply for vessels, energy efficiency measures targeting specific sectors (e.g. culture/tourism, construction, public facilities, etc.), but also efficiency & security of cross-border energy networks & pipelines, digital tools / processes for energy efficiency, integrated energy efficiency plans within RES strategies / actions, as well as the adoption of EU rules on energy.
P3: A more connected South Adriatic programme area by enhancing mobility and regional connectivity
- SO 3.1: Developing and enhancing sustainable, climate resilient, intelligent and intermodal national, regional and local mobility, including improved access to TEN-T and cross-border mobilit
- Actions shall aim at developing sustainable, climate resilient, intelligent and intermodal national, regional and local mobility, including improved access to TEN-T and cross-border mobility, through soft measures. This includes maritime, air, rail and road transports, also targeted to tourism, such as with improved public transport links to cultural / natural heritage sites, through soft measures. Joint actions for soft mobility, multimodal transport links, ports security & green ports (such as while testing new technology, digital tools, ICT solutions in ports e.g. to enhance interoperability among ports, to support the supply chain, or to enhance connectivity to islands, incl. green solutions for short sea shipping, etc.), or security procedures at border-crossing & customs, aimed at efficient connectivity are also included.
P4: A more social South Adriatic programme area
- SO 4.1: Improving equal access to inclusive and quality services in education, training and lifelong learning through developing accessible infrastructure, including by fostering resilience for distance and on-line education and training
- Actions shall aim at improving access to and the quality of training and lifelong learning across borders with a view to increasing the skills levels thereof as to be recognised across borders. This includes professional / vocational trainings or capacity building in touristic, cultural and creative sectors, improvement of professional & entrepreneurial & digital skills, green and sustainability skills, required for the green economy, improving efficiency of the cross-border labour markets aimed at greater social inclusion of vulnerable social groups (incl. unemployed, vulnerable groups, NEETs, etc.), capacity building for increased effectiveness of border-crossing & customs, actions on recognition of professional qualification, & supporting the adoption of EU rules on welfare, labour, qualification, such as e.g. through a network of Blue Career Centres. Targeted training opportunities and equal access to streamlined education/training should address in particular vulnerable social groups. Beneficiaries are required to make sure that training specifically targeted to vulnerable groups does not have the side effect of marginalising those groups, who should also benefit from equal access to streamlined education/training.
- SO 4.2: Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism in economic development, social inclusion and social innovation
- Actions shall aim at enhancing the role of culture and tourism in economic development, social inclusion and social innovation. Actions aiming at making tourism and culture more social and more economically resilient shall primarily target vulnerable social groups and local communities. The management of cultural and natural assets shall become more sustainable, in compliance with the green transition principles, more diversified, and strategically valorised, e.g. through mapping/ promoting/ diversifying cultural & thematic routes or adopting EU standards for sustainable tourism. The actions may focus on enhancing digitalisation, especially taking stock of the upcoming data spaces on cultural heritage and tourism, skills, especially digital skills of cultural, creative and touristic operators, capacity building, services & new opportunities for vulnerable groups in these sectors, in complementarity with other interventions such as the ESF, and supporting the adoption of EU rules. Non-discrimination and equal rights are certainly key principles in this S.O.
P5: A better governance in the South Adriatic programme area
- SO 5.1: Enhance the institutional capacity of public authorities, in particular those mandated to manage a specific territory, and of stakeholders (all strands)
- Actions shall aim at enhancing efficient public administration by promoting legal and administrative cooperation and cooperation between citizens and institutions, in particular, with a view to solving legal and other obstacles in border regions. This includes institutional capacity to manage and promote cultural, natural heritage, creative industries, but also increasing mutual trust, improved institutional management of border-crossing points, the adoption of EU administrative rules, or enhancing e-government & statistic data collection/accessibility, and identification & mitigation of administrative / legal obstacles. Capitalisation & mainstreaming interventions (linking to National, Regional, transnational Programmes & macro-regions) is included. This also includes actions to improve the legal and financial framework for cross-border cooperation, such as the capacity to co-finance, pre-finance cooperation activities within Interreg and other kinds of programmes, as well as to make financial flows more efficient, e.g. setting up specific national schemes, etc., as well as actions aimed at deepening cooperation, exchanges and at enabling cross-border administration, such as e.g. through structured cross-border joint administrative procedures or stable cooperation structures, etc.